Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.
One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.
The spiritual journey is the process of awakening to the precious mystery of life. When my meditation teacher Maharishi first came to the West, he was amused by how often people commented that their insomnia abated once they began meditating. The meditation message was intended to awaken people, but because so many were so fatigued, they were finally able to sleep.
The experience of presence is the essence of awakening. Right now, tune into your present moment, consciously attending to the sounds, sensations, sights, tastes, and smells in your environment. Close your eyes and bring awareness into your body, noticing where you are carrying resistance. Shift your awareness to your mind, becoming conscious of the thoughts that occupy your attention. Then, simply follow your breath, allowing a temporary quieting of the mind chatter that keeps you ruminating about the past or worrying about the future. It is this perpetual mind traffic that numbs you.
Make a commitment to do one thing different today that breaks the pattern – one thing that your mind cannot immediately disregard by saying “been there, done that.” Hike to a new place, go to a new restaurant, make love in a different position, wear a new color, take a different route to work. Awaken, even if for a moment, to the splendor of the Infinite and Eternal disguising itself as Form and Phenomena.
The Chopra Center
All the evidence that we have indicates that it is reasonable to assume in practically every human being, and certainly in almost every newborn baby, that there is an active will toward health, an impulse towards growth, or towards the actualization.
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
1. I put my body into a peak state of absolute certainty knowing that I can create any
positive result that I am committed to.
2. I am living a life of design rather than a life of reaction.
3. I am absolutely clear about the specific results I want in every area of my life.
4. I step up with total power and passion to take whatever positive action is
necessary to achieve my desired results.
5. I make my future my present. My future is now.
6. I celebrate the achievement of my goals before they occur in the physical world.
7. Whenever I set a definite goal, I take immediate action towards its attainment to
create and sustain massive momentum.
8. I am now spending my time, energy, and emotion on the goals that are most
important to me rather than responding to the demands of other people. I am in
9. Urgency is not my friend. Through results-focused planning and delegating to
others, I minimize the amount of time I spend addressing the urgent demands of
10. I do only what I do best and get other people to do the rest.
11. I delegate tasks that do not require my direct attention and focus to other people.
12. My subconscious mind provides me with the specific massive action plans I need
to attain my desired results.
13. My subconscious mind is consistently presents me with updated plans to achieve
my goals even when I am playing, eating, or sleeping.
14. I carefully measure and manage my progress towards my desired results
15. I am highly flexible. I carefully monitor the results that I am getting and quickly
adjust my actions until I receive the specific results I desire.
16. I accelerate my progress towards my desired results by studying other people who
have been outstanding in that area.
17. I increase my hunger and desire to achieve my goals everyday.
18. Using tapes and books, I now create a controlled environment that keeps my mind
focused on my primary outcomes everyday.
19. I do not adapt to my environment. I persist in making my environment adapt to
20. All of my internal images dialog and feelings are pulling me towards the results I
desire. I am totally committed and congruent.
21. I am focused on the results I want, driven by a passionate purpose, and charted
with massive action plans.
22. I see things exactly the way they are, exactly the way I want them, and now take
massive action to close that gap.
23. I prepare a results-oriented daily plan every evening for the following day.
24. I feed my momentum monster everyday by consistently taking results-focused
25. When I reach a definite decision, I commit and resolve to the achievement of the
end result I desire.
26. I create magic moments for myself, my family and friends.
27. I celebrate my achievements in advance.